But as for me, I will wait expectantly for the Lord, I will watch for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me. Micah 7:7
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary and they shall run and not faint. Is 40:31
I love these verses. They are filled with encouragement and promises from God. But as I read them, and a few other verses about waiting on the Lord, I have some questions too. Like...how long do I wait? What do I do while I wait? When do I move into action? Is any of my action inhibiting God's work? Obviously, I'm not good at waiting. I'm an action kind of person, especially when there is a problem and I see a way to resolve it. And that's where I'm struggling with this whole waiting thing. I have a problem....okay not a super huge problem...more of a concern really. But for me, this is new territory and I'm not sure how to work through it.
First, I want to praise You Lord for your many blessings. You have more than provided for me in every area of my life, and I know You can provide for this too. Forgive my lack of faith as I seek answers and solutions on my own. I want to wait for You. I truly want Your will to be done and accomplished in me. Teach me to wait. Amen.
So here's the struggle.....I know without a doubt, that God has led me through my education. I am where He wants me, studying and preparing as He leads. This next phase of my education that begins in August is the challenge. It's expensive and honestly, we don't have it. In addition, some other expenses have come up that are equally, if not more important, than the cost of my tuition. I've applied for some scholarships....the do part. Now the wait begins for the replies....actually I'v already gotten some no responses....seems being 18 and fresh out of high school has it's advantages. So now I wait.....waiting for God to show me where all these finances are going to come from. But as I wait, should I be doing anything? I have started using coupons. I'm putting the money I save into the bank. I've started turning in all our pop cans and putting that money in the bank as well....it's not a lot, but it's a start. Is this the answer from God I've been waiting for? Or am I so busy doing that it's hindering any future blessing God might have for me if I just wait a little longer.
What to do? I don't know!! Lord, help me!!
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy steps. Prov 3:5-6
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary and they shall run and not faint. Is 40:31
I love these verses. They are filled with encouragement and promises from God. But as I read them, and a few other verses about waiting on the Lord, I have some questions too. Like...how long do I wait? What do I do while I wait? When do I move into action? Is any of my action inhibiting God's work? Obviously, I'm not good at waiting. I'm an action kind of person, especially when there is a problem and I see a way to resolve it. And that's where I'm struggling with this whole waiting thing. I have a problem....okay not a super huge problem...more of a concern really. But for me, this is new territory and I'm not sure how to work through it.
First, I want to praise You Lord for your many blessings. You have more than provided for me in every area of my life, and I know You can provide for this too. Forgive my lack of faith as I seek answers and solutions on my own. I want to wait for You. I truly want Your will to be done and accomplished in me. Teach me to wait. Amen.
So here's the struggle.....I know without a doubt, that God has led me through my education. I am where He wants me, studying and preparing as He leads. This next phase of my education that begins in August is the challenge. It's expensive and honestly, we don't have it. In addition, some other expenses have come up that are equally, if not more important, than the cost of my tuition. I've applied for some scholarships....the do part. Now the wait begins for the replies....actually I'v already gotten some no responses....seems being 18 and fresh out of high school has it's advantages. So now I wait.....waiting for God to show me where all these finances are going to come from. But as I wait, should I be doing anything? I have started using coupons. I'm putting the money I save into the bank. I've started turning in all our pop cans and putting that money in the bank as well....it's not a lot, but it's a start. Is this the answer from God I've been waiting for? Or am I so busy doing that it's hindering any future blessing God might have for me if I just wait a little longer.
What to do? I don't know!! Lord, help me!!
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy steps. Prov 3:5-6
No comments:
Post a Comment