Monday, March 21, 2011

Acknowledge God's Blessings

There is a really cute email going around right now about what happens in heaven when we pray.  It talks about angels being busy in the receiving department as all the numerous prayer requests come in.  Then it goes on to describe the angels being busy in the shipping & delivery department as God answers the prayers and bestows His blessings.  The final scene is one lone angel in the acknowledgement department, but he isn't busy at all.  It seems that no one has sent back an acknowledgment receipt of the blessings they've received.

Oh how often we take God blessings for granted. I know I do and it breaks my heart when I think about how often I forget to say a simple "Thank You" to my Lord.  He has given me everything I need and most of what I want.  The praise should be flowing from my mouth on a continual basis.  It should show in my actions and my attitudes as I go about my day. 

It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord, and to sing praises unto thy name, O Most High: to shew forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night.  Psalm 92:1-2

I recently had the sad experience of watching someone discount a huge blessing that had just been handed to them.  Instead of praising God, they chose to reject the goodness by displaying an unthankful attitude and a rude response.  It really was heartbreaking to witness.  I can't help but wonder how many blessings will now be withheld from this person.  How many hardships must they endure before they turn their heart back to the Lord and be thankful for everything that God has done for them.  A simple "Thank You" would have been sufficient.   A "Thank You Lord" would have been wonderful!  A declaration of God's goodness and provision would have been a powerful testimony to those watching. 

Psalm 135:3 Praise the LORD; for the LORD is good: sing praises unto his name; for it is pleasant.

I never want to discount God's goodness to me.  I want to be a woman who is filled with praises for my Lord.  I am challenged to speak and show my gratitude every single day.  Will you help me?  The next time we meet, let's share with each other at least one praise of how God has been good to us.  And you will have to start as I'm not sure who everyone is that reads this blog.  So just come up to me and say something like,
"God is so good.  He ___________ (fill in the blank)!  And I will rejoice with you and respond with a praise of my own.  If you don't live near me....send me an email....I will reply!!!

So here are my acknowledgement receipts for the blessings I've received.

Thank You Lord
Thank You for my salvation.  I am eternally grateful!
Thank You for being patient with me.  I learn slow.
Thank You for a loving husband, who is also patient with me.
Thank You for the blessings of children.  They are a great joy.
Thank you for the joy of grandchildren.  They are awesome.
Thank You for my mom and my sisters...Three of the best women I
I have the privilege of knowing and loving.
Thank You for providing me with a home, food and clothing.
Thank You for Your guidance in my schooling decisions. 
I will be calling on you soon for some more help.
Thank You for being there when I need you.
Thank You for safety when I drive.  You know I speed sometimes.
Thank You for my friends.  They are valuable treasures.
Thank You for Westside Baptist Church.  A much needed light in this community.
Thank You Lord....I love You!


Okay........that oughta keep that lone angel busy for a while!  





 



No comments:

Post a Comment