Wednesday, March 30, 2011

God's Good Hands

I've been reminded this week, very often in fact, that I am in Good Hands.  No, not the insurance company's good hands.  God's Good Hands.  To be completely honest, God has been reminding me to leave things in His hands. And this last week I really haven't had a choice about it.  You see, my hands can't reach all the way to Florida.  And as wonderful as my husband is, his hands don't reach either.  Now that Bryson is on the other side of the country, I can only trust him into the loving, protective hands of my Heavenly Father.  I never realized before how much my hands were in the mix mixing things up.  But I love how God has used this exciting opportunity for Bryson to teach me a lesson on faith, trust, and relinquishing what little control I thought I had.  I do pray that Bryson learns this lesson too.

As Bryson left, we hugged and cried.  I told him how proud I was of him and how much I loved him.  I gave him a small Bible.  In it I highlighted some verses that he could turn to when he might be feeling discouraged, lonely, confused, or fearful.  As we hugged for the last time, I began to realize that my hands were not sufficient to see him through.  As he pulled out of the driveway, my hands waved good bye and seemed very empty.  But God gently spoke to my heart, reassuring me that Bryson was in the very best Hands possible! 
God's hands are sufficient to provide and protect.  And because I tend to be a slow learner, it's no surprise that the majority of verses in my devotions this week had to do with the power in God's hands.  I'll share a few of the verses and what I've learned.

Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand - Psalm 73:23
God is always there.  Even if I'm not with Bryson, God is.  And He is holding both of our hands during this time, and He won't let go.

Thou openest thine hand, they are filled with good. - Psalm 104:28b
God is generous and only wants to give good to those who love Him.  He's not stingy and He will provide
the good things that Bryson needs.  I have a picture in my mind of God holding out all kinds of goodies for Bryson to choose from. And I can find good peace and good comfort because I know that God can give more good goodies than I ever could.

The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way.  Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the Lord upholdeth him with his hand. - Psalm 37:23-24
Even when we stumble, God is there to catch us in His hands.  He will pick us up, dust us off, and put us back on the proper course.  His hands are strong enough!  And since God is there to catch us, that means that He is close to us. 

For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not: I will help thee. - Isaiah 41:13 
Well.....that kind of says it all now doesn't it.  I don't need to be afraid or worried about Bryson.  God is holding on to his hand and helping him.  What a wonderful, comforting promise. 

And God is helping me to grow in Him as I totally trust His hands to care not only for Bryson, but for me and my entire family.  God has the power in His hands to strengthen; the tenderness to comfort; the wisdom to guide; the patience to teach.  I truly am in Good Hands!

So what's the best thing I can do with my hands.....fold them in prayer and lift them in praise. 








No comments:

Post a Comment